About Me

My photo
I graduated in 2006 with an Associates in Science. I now teach a class of 15 wonderful 1st and 2nd graders. My hopes and dreams for my students,is they attain all the knowledge they can, in order to become knowledgeable of the importance of an education.I want them to realize the doors that can be opened for them through hard work and perseverance.

Saturday, May 16, 2009

Allow Children To Be Children


Through educating children I have observed them not being allowed to be children. Children are losing their sense of wonder and adventure. As parents, and educatiors we must ensure children are given opportunities to experience various activities involving being permitted to have fun without having to worry about soiling their attire. Exposing them to the fun of sliding down a slide, swinging, visiting a farm, going to the theatre and visiting a museum. Many children don't get the opportunity to indulge in these types of outings. Children should have these experiences in order to grow wholelistically. These experiences should not just be given to the child during the school year. Parents have to step up and ensure their children are exposed to these types of environments. I'm not saying the lack of exposure pertains to all parents, but many just don't take the time. It is time for parents to take an interest in their child's education or they will be locked out of a world that will leave them behind. Parents you are an integral part of your child's education.

No comments:

Post a Comment